Ninh Binh Private tour by Boat: Full-Day Tour from Hanoi
Duration: Full day tour, private tour
Locations: Hanoi, Vietnam; Ninh Binh, Vietnam
- Price from
- Customer Reviews
- Route Map
Spend a day on the Red River Delta, visiting the Dinh and Le sanctuaries and taking a boat trip on the Boi River to Ninh Binh. Marvel at the spectacular topography of the region. See 3 enormous caves and the fishing villages along the banks of the river.
• Visit the 2 remaining temples of the ancient citadel of Hoa Lu
• Enjoy a 3-hour boat trip along the Boi River
• Marvel at the magical karst formations on the way to Ninh Binh
• Admission fees
• Transfer by air-conditioned vehicle
• Fully escorted by English-speaking guide
What's Not Included:
• Travel insurance
• Personal expenses, bar, drinks
• Tips and gratuities
• Hanoi accommodation costs
Good to Know:
• Please note the following:
• Be sure to keep an eye on your luggage and money.
• Inform us in advance if you are vegetarian.
• Bring a hat, raincoat, water, suitable shoes for trekking, and cash.
• All customers must obey the instructions of the tour guide for safety.
• Passengers are advised not to bring large luggage items on the tour, for convenience.
You’ll leave from your Hanoi hotel after breakfast on this full-day tour to Ninh Binh, and head south on a 2-hour drive along Highway 1. There will be a 1-hour stop for you to visit the Dinh and Le sanctuaries, which are the 2 remaining temples of the ancient citadel of Hoa Lu.
The first temple at the site is dedicated to Dinh Tien Hoang, also known as Dinh Bo Linh, an Emperor from the Dinh Dynasty. The second temple commemorates the rulers of the Le Dynasty.
Dinh Bo Linh successfully conquered Vietnam’s first independent rulers, who belonged to the Ngo Dynasty. On the death of Dinh Bo Linh in 980, General Le Hoan wisely married Dinh’s widow, established the Le Dynasty, and enlarged the citadel.
You’ll head onward to Tam Coc, where you’ll board a boat for a 3-hour trip along the Boi River. This area is rightly often referred to as Halong Bay on Land due to the similar karst topography.
After the boat trip you’ll return to Hanoi, arriving in the early evening.
|Children (5-10):||Departure date:|
Based on 0 reviews