Welcome to Vietnam !Learn more
Vietnam visa extension and renewal
1. Vietnam visa extension
Vietnam visa extension means that you will have new staying duration permission in Vietnam. Please remember that you are allowed to stay more in Vietnam without reentering if you exit Vietnam before your visa expired. So it means you must apply new visa if you wish to come back Vietnam after leaving. Hence the extension fee is much cheaper than renewal fee.
In order to apply visa extension, your current visa has to meet some requirements of Vietnam Immigration Department
Your current visa type has to be correspondent to your staying extending requirement
- Stay in 1 more month: If your current visa is 1 month single, 1 month multiple, 3 month single and 3 month multiple entry visa, you are allowed apply to extend visa in 1 more month
- Stay in 3 more months: if your current visa is 3 month single or 3 month multiple entry visa, you can apply to extend visa in 3 more months
2. Renewal Vietnam visa
Renewal Vietnam visa means that you are granted a new visa stamp and visa sticker on your passport with the new duration permission. The staying length is valid maximum in 3 months. Moreover the visa renewal fee is higher than the visa extension fee because we have to pay stamping fee and visa sticker fee for you. Visa renewal is ready for someone who:
- Entered Vietnam with visa exemption
- Has current visa is not correspondent to your staying extending requirement
- If you would like to upgrade your current visa from 1 month to 3 month, you have to apply to renew 3 month single entry or 3 month multiple entry
- If you would like to upgrade your current visa from single entry to multiple entry, you have to apply to renew visa
3. The address of Vietnam Immigration Office in Vietnam:
In Hanoi: New address: 44-46 Tran Phu Street, Ba Dinh District. Tel:(+84-4) 3825-7941.
(Old address is 40A Hang Bai, Hoan Kiem)
In Ho Chi Minh City: 254 Nguyen Trai, Dist 1. Tel: (+84-8) 3920-1701.
In Danang City: No.7 Tran Quy Cap, Da Nnang City. Telephone: (+84-511) 823-383.