Welcome to Vietnam !Learn more
Vietnam Visa Requirement
Most visitors to Vietnam need a visa to enter the country. Visas are exempted for the citizens of the countries, which have signed a bilateral or unilateral visa exemption agreement with Vietnam; tourist visa may be valid for 15 to 30 days.
Tourist visa can only be obtained in Vietnamese embassies, consulates abroad. Otherwise, you can get a visa at the border gates if you are invitees of some Vietnamese competent organs or you are travelling on a package tour organized by Vietnamese travel companies. To apply for a visa, the requirements are as follows:
- Entry permit from (which can vary from one Vietnamese embassies or consulate abroad to another)- There are two categories of this form: for foreigners and for Vietnamese overseas.
- Two photos (4cm x 6cm or 3cm x 4cm).
- Original passport
- Visa fee
You should send your application and photos to a Vietnamese embassy or consulate abroad, which is most convenient to you. On your requirement, the reply will be returned by post (you must provide stamped envelopes with your name and address).
It is easier to get your visa from a Vietnamese travel agency. The necessary information to the travel agency include:
- Full name
- Birthday and place of birth
- Passport number
- Entry and exit date
- Country you plan to receive your entry visa from the Vietnamese embassies or consulates Vietnamese overseas are required to provide more information:
- Year and reason of leaving Vietnam
- Leave Vietnam by means
- Full names and addresses of relations in Vietnam
- Not more than 30 days: for citizens of Thailand, Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and Laos.
- More than 15 days: for citizens of Japan and South Korea, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland. (Vietnamese diplomatic and official passport holders are exempted from visa requirements to enter Japan). - French citizens holding valid diplomatic passports are exempt from visa requirements when visiting Vietnam and are allowed to stay for up 3 months at one time or on several visits within six months since their first immigration dates. Vietnamese citizens holding valid diplomatic passports also enjoy similar privileges.
- Citizens of Chile and Vietnam holding valid diplomatic or official passports from one of the two countries are exempt from needing entry, exit and transit visas in the other territories and are allowed to stay for up to 60 days on each visit.
- Custom procedures in Vietnam are quick and simple. To enter and exit Vietnam, visitors are required to fulfil the arrival – departure declaration.